Saturday 15 March 2014

What a week....
Got some hilarious news that made my friends and I chuckle greatly.....but that's as much as I can tell you....

Weather has improved beyond measure...and on Saturday I met up with Carole Cooper who is the best psychic ever ...and she knew the best week of the year to have her holiday in Cornwall of course!  She told me some interesting stuff about the business and me...spot on accurate as usual...have a reading yourselves at www.psychiccarole.com...you'll see what I mean!

I also went on a course that was supposed to be about writing narratives about your work organised by Creative Skills ... in the fabulous AIR building at Falmouth University...but it was not about that at all....it was more of a sales pitch for the Crafts Council which in my opinion is largely irrelevant for hands on makers in Cornwall, and for the University's facilities which they want to rent out to makers. I actually already knew about this so by the time we got to 4.00 and the man talking about how to write copy came on he had to rush his bit...leaving me very frustrated! I should have know to be honest....

Still lots of work coming through the studio....several parcels to pack next week for Scotland and the Lake District.  I am working on samples for BCTF Harrogate at the beginning of April too....very exciting.

I have been invited by Mr Monty of Mr Monty's Fuss and Feed (via his people who were visiting Cornwall) www.mrmontysfussandfeed.co.uk to be part of the Art pages on his website selling cat paintings and ceramics.  This is a great honour and I am delighted to have been asked!

Margaret and I are enjoying our jewellery making classes with Ed Williams and have learned a lot!  We are having a day out at Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery on Monday to learn about PMC....what a treat!

Mist is swirling sideways up Fore Street...this is a sign the the sun will be out dreckly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment