Wednesday 4 July 2012

I have returned from Brighton much inspired.
I have seen lovely new work and was delighted to find out that one of my favourite artists personally and from the gallery's perspective has had a painting of a hare accepted for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition!  Not only is this a great honour and compliment - she sold it on the first evening!!


So just in case I bought three more by her as you can see above!  They are called 'Whistful Cat', 'Posh Pug' and 'Slightly Irritated Pug' and I love them all.
All the best to you Sally - you deserve it!

I also think caterpillars will be big this year - and birds and all things British seem to be everywhere in the shops still.  I did see one or two empty shops though - so nowhere is immune to the recession - not even beautiful Brighton!

No comments:

Post a Comment