Thursday 13 June 2013

After all that lovely weather where I managed to lobster myself on Porthcurno beach we're back to the standard issue fog...which is just blowing away now as the wind has got up nicely.

It still doesn't feel like there are THAT many visitors around but the ones that are here seem to like what I'm doing in the gallery so that's good.

Margaret and I went up to Bovey Tracey Contemporary Craft Fair for a bit of a works outing and came back with some exellent new ceramic/mixed media work from Claire Baker and some clever little upcycled tins by Louise Dawn Wilson.  With some notable exceptions the show was very much the same as last year and badly needs a fresh hand on the tiller to liven it up.  They've got the catering and outside stalls right now but are not looking to innovate the makers enough - in my opinion and you know I'm never wrong (to quote my dear father).




Here's how Claire's work looks in the china cabinet in the gallery!




Dawn's work on the old pine table at the front
 
 
Kevin Warren has dropped off a fantastic new delivery of his orange bird ceramics which are exclusive to us here in St Just, and they look brilliant on the old dresser as you can see
!
 
 
 
Margaret and I have been inspired by our visit to Bovey to make something entirely new for the gallery and we've been really busy over the last few days working to get the pieces don - but you'll just have to wait to see what it's all about....
 
 
Just a final shot of the gallery which I'm going to use in the programme for the Cancer Research exhibition at Cape Cornwall School - which needs to be thought about as it's coming up fast.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment