Thursday 6 June 2013

Open Studios was brilliant!  Thank you to all the lovely visitors who made a specific journey to come and see the pottery again this year - it was great to see you and I hope you enjoy your purchases very much.
The weather was brilliant -  much better than last year and we were able to serve teas in the Tea Garden all week....(except the Bank Holiday Monday when it poured and poured with rain...).
The studio is now much emptier - homes have been found for 4 entire shelves full of mishapen and wonky cats, dogs, hares, sheep and chickens etc....that makes me so happy! Also I can now reinvest in another half ton of clay to start again.  I have laughed long at the kind lady who told me 'I should make seconds because they sell really well...' long ago when I first came to Cornwall and ran St Agnes Pottery - how right she was.
I am still having problems with the kiln - wrong elements? Elements fitted wrongly? Kilns need replacing with  new ones?  Who knows - and if the engineer doesn't then I certainly don't but I have to have working kilns so will persist.

On a sour note considerable damage was done to my car and Kara's last Friday night - got a pretty good idea by whom - but I can't even get the police to call me back and tell me what they've been doing about it!  It's hopeless and very upsetting - and we were only two among about twenty cars targeted that night - wing mirrors broken, bodywork jumped on and dented and number plates torn off and thrown goodness knows where.  Despite fingerprints and CCTV images showing the youths committing the crime no arrests have been made....and the damage comes to over £600 for us.

Half term is over now and it was brilliant hin the gallery whilst it lasted but nothing really happening now!  Time to get back to orders and commissions - and to lots of admin which was ignored for 10 days at least.

I'm going up to the Bovey Tracey Contemporarty Craft fair tomorrow - what a great day that'll be - so looking forward to seeing friends and other makers and to buying a little something perhaps....
I hope it's sunny - I bought a super big pink straw hat off Ebay especially for the day....

Kiln at 920 degress - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment