Monday 24 June 2013

How much stress is too much....funny how all the little things build up into one big stress load?

Last week I was convinced there was some kind of difficult transit going on in my chart....
Fistly a person thought it would be ok to do a really cheeky and thoughtless thing involving potentially passing off as my business...guess what?  He's not going to do it now but I had to endure a very unpleasant meeting with said person.  I've never seen anyone's hands shake like that - and he paid for the coffee...result all round.

Then Kara has started to think she can drive anywhere at anytime and my nerves are in shreds...although she's actually very good and has only dented the boot lid, both front bumpers and had to have only a back light repaired in a week....all of which she paid for!

Then  my darling Percy got himself into a bit of a state and became an out of hours medical emergency with his bladder blocked by a stone.  Two unblockings, two overnight stays and a large dose of diazepam later he seems to be on the mend but was very, very poorly - and I had to cancel my much anticipated trip to Wales.  Perhaps I'll get another invite!  He's doing all his usual stuff now but was leaking badly for a while....

Then I had a creepy person contacting me when they shouldn't have - which exposed an interesting online dating internet scam that's now in the hands of Action Fraud....brilliant result.  But it was a bit scary how easy it is for this to happen - beware!

Then because of incompetence all my kilns weren't working and one of the controllers burnt out with a small fire - Jason to the rescue as usual - and he fixed the gallery lights too.  He's worth every penny.

Then I found a second hand kiln on Gumtree - which is being delivered tomorrow - so I hope it can be installed without any setbacks - but I would not have bought this if I'd known Percy was going to be ill....

There are hardly any visitors and one who did come in said my painting on driftwood of seagulls would make a good scratching post.  This is either extremely rude or an idea for a new business...haven't decided which yet!

Thank goodness I have friends like Leyla and Mo - who calm me down and tell me there was a massively full supermoon last night - which could be the only explanation...
The stress will pass as the moon wanes..back to normal in no time I expect.
I have managed to make some new work in response to the kilns not going up to stoneware - a lovely creamy glaze with a subtle crackle - pictures next time - everything happens for a reason as Carole always says....and she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment